*** NOTE *** ALL OFFICIAL IN-PERSON PRACTICES AND EVENTS ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICED DUE TO COVID19***
***NEW RULES AND REGUATIONS REGARDING MARTIAL ACTIVITIES IN THE BARONY OF RUANTALLAN DURING COVID***
1) Activities are to be held outdoors until further notice
2) People attending marshal activity not to exceed local health guidelines
3) Social Distancing rules are in full effect for people attending marshal activity in keeping with local health guidelines
4) Non medical masks are to be worn at all times.
5) Acts of respects such as “hugs” pre and post combat are forbidden. elbow bumps or bowing to your opponent are the recommended course of action at this time.
6) Personal items are not to be shared.
7) Water bottles are not to be shared.
8) Attendance of all members attending fight practice will be taken including phone numbers to allow for contact tracing if required.
9) If using loner gear It must be identified as such and sanitized prior to use by others.
10) The Marshal in charge of the fight practice is responsible for recording the names of people attending as well as the phone numbers of such people for possible contact tracing.
11) At the end of each fight practice the Marshal in charge will be responsible for submitting the list of people attending to the Seneschal for logging.
– Armoured Fighting and Rapier Practice-
In Seashire: Heavy Armoured Fighting and Rapier (also occasionally A&S) takes place every Monday between 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm at the Halifax Military Family Resource Center located in the Piers Military Community Center, off of Connolly Street or Windsor St., Windsor Park, Halifax. (off of Hawk Terrace). ***CURRENTLY CANCELLED***
In Ravensdale: Heavy Armoured Fighting and Rapier, as well as youth combat, takes place every Thursdays between 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm at the Bridgetown Regional Community School located at 25 Cromwell Court, Bridgetown, NS ***CURRENTLY CANCELLED***
In Distant Shore: Heavy Armoured Fighting takes place Wednesdays at 29 Park Rd, Truro, NS B2N 4E5 from 6pm until dark. This is an outdoor practice. Wavers and contact tracing forms MUST be signed, masks and social distancing will be followed. You may not share gear. ***CANCELLED FOR THE WINTER***
Singing practice takes place on alternating Friday’s from 7:30 – 9:00pm, with social time to follow. We sing a wide range of medieval and Renaissance music from the 12th to the 17th centuries, and you don’t need to read music to join in.
If you are interested in participating, please Contact: Dame Sarra Graeham. mas @ ruantallan.eastkingdom.org
-Ruantallan A&S Gatherings-
In Seashire: Monday between 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm at the Halifax Military Family Resource Center located in the Piers Military Community Center, off of Connolly Street or Windsor St., Windsor Park, Halifax. (off of Hawk Terrace).
In Ravensdale: Thursdays between 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm at the Bridgetown Regional Community School located at 25 Cromwell Court, Bridgetown, NS
To find out more, please check out our calendar or contact our Minister of Arts and Sciences Lady Ciorstaidh Twygge of Skyhill mas @ ruantallan.eastkingdom.org
There are no meetings scheduled at this time.
(if you have any announcements you would like included on the website, please contact the webminister at:
webminister @ ruantallan.eastkingdom.org )